Working at height comes with major risks. No one really understands the risk involved until they lose a staff member, have to suffer downtime due to injuries, or have to pay out large sums of money for IOD expenses/claims. When choosing between the various ladders available on the market, you will undoubtedly encounter the aluminium ladderstage, which we personally think is a fantastic choice. These units are designed to provide the ultimate safety by providing a walkway with guardrails, so that workers can cross an area of 2 m while working at heights. Brake-lock casters ensure that the unit is stable and secure.
An aluminium ladderstage at CasLad is designed with convenience in mind too. These units can be set up by one individual in just a few minutes, and the smooth rolling wheels makes it easy to roll the unit anywhere. These ladders are lightweight and easy to transport, as they pack flat when dismantled. It’s always best to check the load-bearing capacity of the ladderstage before you invest in it. Most units are made for 1 or 2 workers and tools.
How to Assemble Your Aluminium Ladderstage
While each model can vary on the market, most aluminium ladderstage units are designed to be assembled as follows:
- Take one ladder and secure it with the castor brake. Do the same for the second ladder.
- Place two horizontal braces at the bottom of the right ladder, and insert the bolt through the hole and secure it with the wing nut. Do the same for the left ladder.
- Use the common bolt and wing nut to attach the diagonal brace to the bottom of the one ladder. Now you can attach the other side of the diagonal brace to the top of the second ladder at the top rung.
- Use a bolt and wing nut to attach the inverted diagonal braces to the pull-up bar, which is in the centre of the unit.
- Set the platform into position and attach the guard rails horizontally on each side on the top of the ladder. Secure it with a wing nut.
- Now you can adjust the height of the platform by gripping the pull-up bar firmly and lifting it.
- To lock the platform in place, make sure that you lift the platform above the required height rung and then lower it again, so that it securely locks in place.
- Now, your aluminium ladderstage is ready to use.
CasLad’s Aluminium Ladderstage Specifications
At CasLad, we feature top-quality aluminium ladderstages with the following specs:
- 2-m long platforms.
- Platform heights that can adjust from 1 m to 1,9 m.
- The final height of the unit can extend to 3,3 m.
- The base dimensions are 720 mm x 2 150 mm.
Because the ladderstage is manufactured from aluminium, it offers superior durability. The aluminium ladderstage is rust and corrosion resistant, which means that it can be stored outside if you don’t have sufficient storage space. These ladderstages aren’t particularly ideal in workspaces where they will be exposed to direct heat, as they are good conductors of heat. They also conduct electricity, which means that they are not suited to jobs where live electricity is being worked with.
Safety in the Workplace Aided by the Aluminium Ladderstage
Health and safety in the workplace comes under serious scrutiny in South Africa. Many accidents, injuries, and even deaths in the workplace are a result of falls from ladders. The ladderstage makes it possible for workers to work at heights and reach a larger area, without having to climb up and down the ladder. The tools can also be kept on the platform for easy reaching and switching between. The ladderstage eliminates a great deal of risk from the daily tasks of someone who has to work at height.
At CasLad, we recommend that you take the time to learn more about our aluminium ladderstage. We are always available to discuss your specific needs and requirements, and will provide you with a wealth of product-related information and advice, so that you can make an educated and informed decision. We welcome you to get in touch with us via email or telephone today.