When you need to move items between low and high surfaces, or when you need to reach the top of the wall (perhaps you are painting), safe and reliable means of doing so is essential. This is where ladders come in handy. If you’ve been standing on chairs and stretching above you to carry out such tasks, you have been doing it wrong. A ladder is a necessity! The CasLad range of extension ladders is certainly something to consider.
While we can rave on and on about how wonderful our extension ladders are, we would like to take a bit of time to advise you on how to safely make use of them. Extension ladders can be used in a variety of different conditions, from outside surfaces which can be rocky or uneven, to smooth interior surfaces which can also be slippery. Knowing how to use your ladder on absolutely every type of surface is essential to your safety and that of others.
Here are a few tips:
- Ensure that the ladder’s feet are placed securely on the ground. Without doing so, the ladder could move or become unbalanced while you are using it. Ensure that your ladder is at the right angle. How is this done? Set your toes against the ladder’s feet. When you stretch out your arms, your hands should just reach the ladder rung in front of you. This is the ideal angle and position for the ladder. Of course, the length of the ladder determines the required support thereof.
- Make ladder stability a priority. If you’re not focused on ensuring that your ladder is level, you might just topple over while on the ladder. When the ground surface is uneven, it can be difficult to create stability. Be prepared to dig out a bit of earth to ensure that the ladder is stable, or you can also secure the ladder at the top with a rope or ladder tie.
- Only accept top-quality extension ladders for use in the workplace. You might save a few rands by opting for inferior quality ladders, but this is not the best solution. Check out the range of ladders available, and make a decision based on durability and handling capacity. At CasLad, we offer the following types of ladders
– DMS extension ladders (115 kg)
– LFG-PU extension ladders (115 kg)
– FG extension ladders (135 kg)
– DMA extension ladders (135 kg)
Yes, Our Extension Ladders are the Best Choice for You
At CasLad we never compromise on quality and value for money. We are confident that all of our equipment is able to offer safety, durability, and a long-term service life. Just like all other items of equipment, the maintenance of your extension ladder is important. Of course, if you need assistance with selecting the right extension ladders for the job at hand, it is important to chat with a professional and knowledgeable sales consultant.
Our ladders at CasLad are manufactured from aluminium and fibre glass. We ensure that each extension ladder is available in different sizes, and that you are promptly assisted when looking for decent prices on such ladders. In addition to our range of extension ladders, we also stock castor wheels, mobile ladders, trolleys, wheels, scaffolding, lockers and cabinets, handling equipment, racking and shelving, and access equipment.
With so many years of experience in the industry, we are confident that we stock a range of the finest quality extension ladders on the market. When purchasing a ladder from us, we will gladly impart with safe use information and also ensure that you are in fact making the right choice when it comes to choosing a ladder best suited to your specific needs and requirements.
If you would like to learn more about our extensive range of extension ladders, we warmly welcome you to get in touch with us at CasLad. All you need to do is contact us so that we can discuss your needs and ensure that you are presented with ladders that are indeed a good choice for your business. Simply send us an email or give us a call at a time that is convenient to you. Choose an extension ladder from CasLad – you cannot go wrong!